As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Friday, March 30, 2007

The injection

He, in a white coat,
With a slight twitch of his lips,
Looked me dead in the eye and said,
“You have Pneumonia.”

Amidst wracking coughs,
I looked at him weakly,
Hoping against hope,
He’d say something to clear the air.

“You need an injection real fast;
Four shots of BenzylPenicillin Sodium,
Will do you a world of good!”
Benzy…? Four shots? I was bewildered.

He tied my wrist tightly,
And with the precision of a marksman,
Injected the Benz… substance into a vein,
That clearly stood out on the ‘strangulated’ hand.

The prick is one I’ll not forget for a long time,
As the needle wend its way into the vein,
I shut my eyes and waited for the worst,
All this time my hand was trembling slightly.

Finally, the needle was pulled out of the vein,
The nurse with a reassuring smile said,
“You’ll be alright, my friend;
Remember the second shot’s in six hours time.”

No comments: