As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Monday, March 26, 2007

A Bad Dream or...

(The “I” in the poem is “me”. This really happened to me!)

Went home one day,
Everything was tranquil and quiet,
Everything beautiful and sweet,
But for my mum.

She just sat there,
Cabbage-sack style,
Not moving,
Just staring and muttering incessantly.

Her body so worn out,
Her bones all showing,
Her eyes sunken,
And hair dirty and ruffled.

‘was awe struck,
I didn’t expect this,
To happen to one of my family,
At least not to someone I knew.

Her words incomprehensible,
Her actions intolerable,
She took the baby by the hand,
And, unfeelingly, threw her out.

Sped out of the room, I did,
Went out and wept,
Hoping that all along,
It was only a bad dream.

No comments: