As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Saturday, August 19, 2006

TWIST AND TURN

I have ever experienced what I have encapsulated in the poem below time without number, especially when I was young. Have you ever faced it?!!!

I was in bed,
Between warm sheets,
When it came.

It came,
Like a charging buffalo,
From my kidneys,
Through to my bladder.

It was hot,
I could feel it,
Threatening,
Threatening to gush out,
Through my ‘outer opening’.

I twisted and turned,
Fearing to go out,
Out of the fear of the night,
A moonless, pitch-dark night.

With every twist and turn,
It threatened to explode,
My precious bladder,
If I held it a second longer.

Then I said,
Enough’s enough,
Jumped out of bed,
Shuffled to the door,
And opened it slowly.

Looked outside,
Only the dark greeted me,
The cold gust caressing my face,
I reached for my zip.
And exposed him, the king,
The outer opening,
And at the doorstep,
Released it.

Relief came to me,
As I stood and looked,
At the shiny liquid, hot,
Which was flowing,
Like rivulets,
To the grass nearby

No more twist and turn,
Because from my body,
I let it run.

2 comments:

Pallav said...

Nice poem man, like it and nice blog over all....good mix!keep it up and keep writing

ritch said...

Hi nothingman. Thanx for your encouraging comment on my bog (drifting-words.blogspot.com). Could we exchange links? Tell me what you think. Cheers.