As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Sunday, August 27, 2006

CAN YOU FIGURE THESE OUT?!!!!

Do you pride yourself as being one of the people who is least puzzled by brainteasers? Let's see your muscle and brawn...

1. Martin is 33 years old today which is three times as old as his brother Henry was when he, Martin, was the age his brother Henry is today. How old is Henry?
.......................................................

2.It's Tuesday and I say: "I'll be back three days before one week after the day after tomorrow." When shall I be back?
.......................................................

3. Twelve mangoes are hanging high up. Twelve men pass and each takes a mango. Eleven mangoes are left hanging. How can this be?
.......................................................

4. A man stands looking at the picture of a man and says: "Sisters and brothers have I none, but this man's father is my father's son." Whose picture is he looking at?
........................................................
Goodluck with these!!!

8 comments:

bomseh said...

hey you ritch.today is sunday. time to relax and you bring us mungai kihanya type of puzzles.i'll just try the number 4 which seems simple. i guess the guy is looking at his son's picture or the nephew. i'll do the rest kesho.

egm said...

Like MJY, I think no. 4 is a picture of himself. Hizo zingine, wait until after Sunday goes by!

bomseh said...

egm and MJY,
"but this man's father is my father's son..."
if he said this man is my father's son, then the picture would be of him, but this man's father,is his father's son. so maybe his own son or that of his sibling. karekeee inyuee!

egm said...

bomseh, he starts off by saying he is bila siblings. So it can't be his nephew he is looking at. So his son seems more plausible. The father to his son, meaning him (the person viewinig the picture and speaking), is the son to his (speaker's) father.

bomseh said...

egm you have complicated it more for me. ritch tutakupatia mji so tupe jibu.

ritch said...

Hi guys. I think the most politic thing for me to do is to let you guys rant a bit. Crack your heads more, guys. The answers are just staring you in your faces. But if the going seems hard then I'll give you a helping hand. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

himself

Anonymous said...

This questions gave me two sleepless nights bwana. SO here goes:
1. Henry is 22 (ukitaka kujua vile nimeifanya, uliza)
2. Bado
3. THere were other mangoes (11) hanging lower down
4. Son