As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'LL NEVER FORGET THAT NIGHT

When father,
Came home drunk,
And all that he did,
Was sheer absurdity.

He took mother up,
And gave her, oh dear,
Such resounding slaps,
That broke all hell loose.

Something snapped in me,
That I yelled in the night,
And walked with all my might,
Towards him, my father.

He came towards me,
Hazarded a punch,
It came right to me,
Right under my nose.

Mother yelled,
I yelled,
Father roared,
Keep your mouths shut!

Neighbours came, but,
Were sent back,
The way they'd come,
By this drunk called father.

What had father taken?
What had happened to him?
Coz he'd never been like that,
Not till that night.

I'll never forget that night,
Not till I breathe my last,
Coz hell, to me, broke loose,
On that dark, cold night.

No comments: