As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Valuable Than Gold: In The Hands of a Mentor

There are times you feel you are indebted to somebody for something they did (or have done) for you but you just don’t know what best to give. How about trying the power of words to do that arduous task for you like I did some years ago.

What has to be said has to,
Whatever the cost and the pain too,
It’s this that’s driving me on,
To write all this down.

When I first met you,
I was but a child in the faith,
But your encouragement and words,
Drove me on like no other could.

Being in your presence,
Has taught me things of essence,
And I saw things in a different light,
Things that you brought to light.

You know, forgive me for this,
I had always thought all ladies were the same,
None could be trusted in anything,
But you’ve proved me wrong.

Really God pre-ordained this friendship,
For it is not based on empty words,
But on actions that speak louder than words,
Those acts of kindness and selfless giving.

My stay here,
Has always been made meaningful,
By your presence and attitude,
That attitude of care and concern.

This is why my going hurts me,
And pulls at my heartstrings,
For I know what it means,
To our very stable, unshakeable friendship.

May your future be as bright as a full moon,
May the Lord add more days to your number,
So that you may keep dazzling and shining,
And smiling and laughing into posterity.

What you’ve taught me is invaluable,
All this will be stored in a fold of my heart,
Where no one can steal,
Not even who or whoever.

Though I am leaving this place,
I say you are one in a million,
And your presence to me , for sure,
Was more valuable than Gold.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

As truthful as a prayer. Amen