As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hanging on a string and barely holding on

There are some people who've gone through this patch in their lives. And they can associate with what is encapsulated in the poem below – a feeling of dejection, utter loneliness and guilt. If you know people who are going through such a rough patch, talk to them and try to show them love. I promise you, they need it 'badly' and urgently…

Hanging on a string

Thoughts,
Constrict my heart,
With every thought,
My heart pains.

Thoughts,
Of what I didn't do,
And should have,
Always stalk me.

Thoughts,
Of what I did,
And should not have,
Smile at me.

Thoughts,
Of a beloved friend,
Who passed away,
Grin at me.

Thoughts, come and go,
Of an intimate friend,
Who said enough's enough,
And took her leave.

These thoughts,
Take me down,
Deep down,
To a place of no return,

I'm left,
Gasping for breath,
Gasping for air,
That really isn't there.

These thoughts, like acid,
Eat at my heart,
They eat and eat and eat,
And leave horrid, gaping holes.

These holes wear out my heart,
And with every thought added,
I surely do say, verily,
My life is hanging on a string.

2 comments:

Princess said...

This is so profound..I can identify with some of these feelings. You have the ability to write from the depths of your soul and it is an amazing gift to have.

ritch said...

Hi Princess. You make my day with your uplifting comments. kEEP ON. cHEERS.