As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Black, Bleak Christmas

This poem (which I wrote in 1999) is in memory of my uncle who was murdered in Nairobi in the same year. He was one of the actors in the Vioja Mahakamani show on KBC. His name (on the set) was "Mutiso". His real name was " Peter Kimunio". My mother died two months before him. To both of you, I miss you.

'Twas on twenty first of December,
The year nineteen hundred and ninety nine,
When my dear charming uncle, Mutiso,
Gave up his ghost to the unknown.

'Heard over the T.V,
That he was murdered,
By unknown assailants,
Just outside his house.

Oh no!
They should have let you,
See Christmas,
Or even the new millenium.

Why did they come for you?
Why had you done to them?
Or is it devilish envy,
Of your superb acting capabilities?

It surely is a black Christmas for us,
And all those who knew you,
As for me,
It is double black.

My mum and you,
Have gone away,
In the course of this year,
That surely is double black.

May those who killed you, uncle,
Be caught up by the law,
May they not know peace,
Someone agree with me, please!

1 comment:

Princess said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother and your uncle within such close proximity of each other. May their souls rest in peace.