As you go about your business

Give an ear to the pleas of the Albinos in Tanzania

Wavy Words Search Engine

Custom Search

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ladies and their woes

Of men who promise marriage, but all the
while what they want is…


You bet I know what I am talking about here. I am miffed by the way some men treat ladies. You may throw all Beijing 'blue blistering barnacles' (remember Captain H*** in theTintin comic!) my way but I'll still hold my ground, look you in the face and tell you what I don't like!

Some men take advantage of the 'men-are-as-old-as-they-think; women-are-as-old-as-they-look' saying. They 'know' that looks to women are like shells to snails – they will go to great lengths to preserve their youth (at least for their 'prince charming'!).

You still don't get the drift of this piece. Let me explain.

I know of some men who have courted young, beautiful women. But after about two or so years they broke up with them for reasons best known to them. The while the courtship lasted, the ladies built so much hope in being married by the men that shared their lives.

The sad thing here is that the men were all the while not serious with 'their' ladies. They just lied through their teeth that the relationship would end up in walking down the aisle to consummate their 'fiery' love. But the converse of that was true all the while.

Put yourself in these ladies' shoes. Having put all their years and energies into the one thing that they thought would work, they are totally broken when the bombshell is exploded on their laps: "It's over between us; It just couldn't work; You were not the one for me; I made a wrong turn in the road of life; I think I now know where I am headed and you just don't fit in the bigger picture."

This is very 'brutal', to say the least. Why couldn't you just tell the truth as it were before the bud blossomed into a flower. Yes, you knew it all along that all you wanted were the stolen moments with the lass. You should have painted this aim in black and white before things became 'major' between you.
It would go something like this:
Man:I don't foresee us walking down the aisle. I just want you by my side to satiate my ego and sexual desires. What do you think?
Woman: Thank you for being upfront with me. Most men wouldn't do half as much. But no, I don't wish to be party to your whims.

Talk of being true and never coming to rue!

Men, if you don't wish to marry a lady with whom you have entered into courtship, then let the lady know. (Eight out of ten women who are in courtship today expect to tie the nuptial cord with their mates someday in the future).

It is painful for the ladies when you take them for a ride, waste their years and dump them at the junction of desperation. If no one has ever told you, then let me tell you: Time, to women, when viewed against the backdrop of marriage, is of utmost importance. Don't waste their time. Be straight with them and save them the searing pain.

4 comments:

AK said...

I beg to disagree here! You make it sound like women cannot tell when they are being strung along...we tend to know this most, if not, all the time! We are not such victims.

Things have changed bana, it's no longer in black and white as you put it. Check twice, maybe it's the man on the string here!

Princess said...

I think you have summed up the problem with most relationships..lack of honesty and a failure to express a person's true intentions.

Acolyte said...

I do agree that people must communicate and know what they want from a relationship but on the other hand I dont think that all dating should lead to marriage and I think more than 8 - 10 women think the same.
But I am sure you have stats that say otherwise.

Rista said...

Good post. Would that guys would listen to you... though sometimes women can tell the guy isn't serious, but they hang in there, hopeful to the end.